As a graduate student in the Information and Learning Technologies, K12 program at CU Denver, I am working to demonstrate the following 6 competencies that for the basis of the program. These six competencies outline how the program is preparing me to a leader and a change agent within my organization.
- Reflective practice. Adopt a critical stance toward your work, promoting effective practice and responsible use of technology.
- Technology. Become competent and confident in the use of various tools and technologies, related to learning, communication, and making things.
- Learning and instruction. Drawing on learning and instructional theory, create instruction with well-aligned outcomes, activities, and assessments
- Creative and social media. Demonstrate proficiency with tools, platforms, and environments in the creation of media resources for learning and knowledge construction.
- Inquiry and change. Engage in systematic processes of inquiry and change.
- Professional learning and leadership. Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and leadership within the profession.