My teaching philosophy and practices have been greatly shaped by the people I have come in contact with in person and online. The following philosophy is how I approach my classroom
- I love teaching and can’t wait to create learning experiences in class that students will remember forever.
- I believe in building classroom experiences that will push students academically and creatively.
- I believe in giving students real world skills that will benefit them whatever life-path they choose to take. It is not always about the content, but the context and skills developed during a unit.
- I believe that every student has a little genius in him/her that can come out if given the right opportunity. Not every student will demonstrate understanding in the same way, so I like to provide unique opportunities to express learning.
- I believe in infusing technology into my curriculum in order to help students see the positive side of connecting through technology.
- I believe in empowering students through opportunities for inquiry based learning and student voice and choice.